CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Email from Sara 9/22/08

Dear Fam- (and eveyone else who reads this :)Wow! This week has absolutely flown by, and if I didn't have such a long list of things to say I would think that someone tricked us into thinking that we skipped Thursday and Friday.

Alright, I went through letters and I think I have all the questions and topics that I'm supposed to cover written down.

First off, because it's I just got my emails, I cannot look at the album of pictures you sent. It shows up on the first page, but then I can't connect to the website to look at the pictures. Secondly, I am only allowed to write and recieve emails from family (I may have already mentioned that, but I can't remember).

Okay, Now... I wanted to tell you about a musical number that I participated in on Sunday. One of the Sisters (who actually left this morning) had written an arrangement of "I Stand All Amazed" We have a very musically inclined zone- and there were six elders, and 5 sisters singing, and my companion was accompanying us. We went to audition with Sister Boone (who is actually Barbara Boone's Mom- She is the Mission President's wife) And she said that she doesn't like to have big groups perform becuase then it's more like a choir than a special musical number, but we convinced her just to listen to the song. After we sang it for her she was moved to tears and said she took back everything she'd said. So we sang it Sunday at a fireside for the entire MTC. It was a great experience, and I've heard that they record all of your musical numbers since the firesides are recorded anyway and send a dvd to your family when you leave the MTC. I can't confirm that, but that's the rumor anyway.

Another fun thing this past week was our Zone volleyball tournament. We had a Milan v. Rome game and it was so so fun. Everyone played- not all on the court at the same time, but it was a blast. I've also gotten to play basketball with the Elders a couple of times (Sisters are allowed to play as long as there is another sister and they guard each other) Anyhow, that's really fun. I look forward to gym time.

I've really grown to look forward to tuesdays, not just becasue we get to email and wear pants, but because we also get to go to the Temple. My testimony of the temple has grown so much as I've been able to go more and more. Today my companion and I are actually going to do sealings for some family names on another sister. I'm looking forward to that.

We are expecting two more elders tomorrow, and then 14 more the following wednesday. Only 5 are leaving today- so it will be a really big zone.

I have fantastic teachers here. I can't remember if I told you this, but one of them is actually Matt MacDonald, from Anderson. It's kind of funny that he's my teacher, but I didn't really know him that well when I was at home so it's not too big of a deal. My other teacher is Sorella Emily Clayton and I love her to death! She is so enthuastic and such a good teacher.

On a somber note... You can hear the football games from the MTC. It's pretty much torture. My first Saturday that there was a game, we didn't realize there was a game and we had gone outside to study and we kept hearing the crowd roaring.... we had to go back inside. :( Luckily- they are out of town for the next two weeks.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to see the Relief Society Conference this Saturday, I haven't heard anything, but I do know that we will get to watch the sessions of General Conference and I'm pretty excited. I was hopeful that I was going to get to sing at conference, but apparently they are only having the Elders sing at the Priesthood session. Bummer. Oh well.

I did write Crystal and tell her, but I got her package and it was delicious. I still have like two pieces left. I also mentioned that suger is rather abundant so if you're going to send something else, go easy on the sugar.

That is crazy about the gas prices, it makes me really glad that I don't have to drive anywhere.

Thanks for the updates on carpet, classes, pregnancies, etc. I like to know what's going on.

Alright, well, my time on the computer goes so fast so I've gotta end this. You all are in my prayers and I'm so thankful to have such great support from home. There is one elder in my district who hasn't recieved any mail from his family and I'm so thankful for the stack that I have. I love you all!

Love,
Sorella Leckie

1 comments:

Kyle Hawkey said...

Hello!

I am Breanna's (your sisters companion) Brother. It is nice to meet you haha. And hear from you and your sister. I hope all is well.