CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Email from Sara 2/17/10

Salve!

Well well well... My life has been topsy turvy for a few days and hopefully will be leveling out here pretty soon.
Obviously the biggest change is my new companion. She speaks english perfectly, thankfully, so we don't have to play charades or anything, which is good. She has a pretty good grasp on Italian, too, so I'm pretty excited about that. Obviously there are things to learn still, but she's anxious to learn. She has a lot of good ideas and is pushing me to be better. The toughest part right now is balancing good ideas and MTC mentality with real-life knowledge of these people and experience in the mission. But I think its a good thing, becuase for the last couple of transfers at least I was more just focused on keeping our investigators on the right track, and now the focus in on getting them to baptism. I really hope to be able to see several baptisms here in Livorno before I go home. Fiorella still is scheduled to be baptized 5 March, and that's still the plan, but she's been so busy with working that we've hardly been able to see her. She still comes to church, but we've just got to nail it down so we can finish teaching her the few things that are remaining and so she'll be prepared for her baptism. Veronica is also wanting to be baptized sooner than later and I think she'll push her parents a little more than Josy. Hopefully, though, she won't have to push too too much. Her mom is really nice and we also hope that she'll come to church with Veronica in the near future.

As far as my district goes, things are very different dynamically here in Livorno. My last district was very close and we worked well together, but now we hardly know each other so we're having to figure out how we're going to work together. Different strengths and personalities require different activities and planning. But we'll figure it all out here eventually.

The branch continues to be amazing and I absolutely love the people here.

Alrighty, I'm gonna sign off now so I can send a couple pictures. Remember how much I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week!!!

Vi voglio piĆ¹ bene!!!
Sorella Leckie

0 comments: