CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Email from Sara 2/10/2010

Mamma Mia!!!

I'm feeling a little relieved/overwhelmed with lots of changes that are happening in my life at this moment. My whole world for the last three months was revolving around a very needy companion and now she's gone home. It's just strange and I feel a little bit at loose ends. Then most of the Elders in my district got transfered (3 out of the 4) and I feel like my support system just left me, and I need it still as I will be training a new sister. Boy oh boy. Anywho.. I knows the Lord wouldn't ask me to do it if I couldn't, but he just wanted to make me work harder, right?

Anyhow, aside from that I will at least be staying in Livorno which makes me VERY VERY happy. At the moment, however I am in Ladispoli (Near Rome) on a scambi (exchange) with Sorella Stephenson. It's too much fun. I would have liked to have been able to get our apartment ready for this new sister who is coming in, but I didn't know 100% that I was training until after I was in Rome. We just knew that I had to come to Rome with Sorella Gambardella, but that I didnt' have to pack my bags. There really was only one obvious solution, but I was still holding out hope that I would get an experienced companion who could help me lots this transfer, but I guess that's not what would help me the most, so we'll just have to pray lots and go forward. I will go to the Villa tomorrow to "pick up" my new companion and we'll have a lunch there and then we'll head back to Livorno. I haven't met her yet, but I know that her name is Sorella Naslund and she is from Sweden. I've been told she speaks english... I sure hope so :) It will be a very interesting learning experience.

Aside from all of these changes going on, the work is still going well. Sorella Gambardella finished the mission. She says its the first time in her life that she actually finished something. I was really happy for her. I really hope she can remember the thigns she learned and not digress. She was able to form some good relationships here and she really needed to feel that she had made some kind of contribution, so it was really good. Veronica wrote her a sweet little note and had written that she hopes that Sorella Gambardella can come to her baptism and that she hopes it will be soon. She also wrote that if they don't see each other soon that she hopes someday that they will meet again in the Kingdom of God and that she will be worthy. It was beautiful! How I love seeing people grasping the gospel. Veronica also has been inviting her mom to church. We actually invited her mom to church, too, and she very very kindly told us that it was their one day not to work and that they slept in on Sundays. But I hope that someday soon she'll at least come to Sacrament meeting. Veronica is also very hopeful. It's good.

I'm really going to miss my last district. We did LOTS together, but it was good because we WORKED together. I feel as though some of my friends just had to leave and I didnt' even get to say bye because I was in Rome. :( But I guess there's always mission reunions, right?

I've been thinking lots lately about trusting in the Lord and how important it is that we trust Him. I stumbled upon this scripture the other day that just really hit home But behold, he did deliver them because they did humble themselves before him; and because they cried mightily unto him he did deliver them out of bondage; and thus doth the Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him. (Mosiah 29:20) I know that when we truly put our trust in Him he will always deliver us. He won't necessarily take away our problems, but he will help us carry our burdens.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week. Pray for me lots!!!
Sorella Leckie

We burned a pair of nylons to celebrate finishing the mission. It smelled really bad.

Me and Sorella Stephenson in Rome.

0 comments: