CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Email from Sara 11/25/09

Quick One.


Oops. I spent too much time responding to personal emails and now I don't have too much time. It's been a good week. Gil, Josy's brother is showing more interest in the gospel and has become really good friends with the elders. Josy is so excited to see his progress and I love it! We have another new investigator, Nicoletta who is an english class student. She says she would like to feel the way we feel but doesn't think it's possible for her. We're gonna prove her wrong! At least we're sure gonna try.

My brain is exploding with speaking Italian all the time. I can't imagine if I had had an Italian companion closer to the beginning of the mission. My comp, Sorella Gambardella is from southern Italy and goes home on February 10th. Just ask her. She's very excited and prays every day that Heavenly Father will just get her to the end of her mission. Its a little tough for me, because I can honestly say that I love the mission, to see someone who wants to go home so badly, but I'm learning a lot of patience. Honestly, I can say that at the beginning of the mission I relied SO much on Heavenly Father because I needed so much help. As I've gotten more comfortable in the misson with the language and teaching I can see now that I've relied less and less on the Lord and more and more on my own abilities. What a great reminder it has been for me of how dependent I am on the Lord. I can honestly say that I can feel the power of the prayers that so many send this way, and I am SO thankful. Keep them coming!

Honestly, I'm doing great and I am so happy to be here in Italy. We're having our thanksgiving dinner and I'm pretty curious to see how it will go. We might be a little short on dressing, but there should be lots of turkey and some ham and lots of mashed potates. I'm really looking forward to it. As long as everyone brings what we asked them to bring we should be okay. There will probably be at least 50 people or so, and because I'm kind of a bossy person, speak english and Italian, and becuase I know about Thanksgiving traditions, I kind of got more ropped into helping than I intended to. But oh well, it should still all work out alright.

Okay, really gots to go now. I haven't taken a picture with my new companion yet because I had to charge my batteries, but I'll send one next week.

Love you all and hope you have a very very happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sorella Leckie

0 comments: