CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Email from Sara 11/11/09

Happy Veterans Day

Alrighty, we have to be super fast because we have to be at the church at 4:00 and we still have to get groceries.

AHHH!! We have to be at church at 4 because we're going to a fireside in Florence. Sorella Barbara Thompson and Mary Cook (Counselors in the RS and YW general presidencies) will be in Florence. It's a little far away so I wasn't initially planning on going, but then the YW pres here asked us to go if Josy came. Well, Josy's coming so we are going. I'm excited, but it makes for an even shorter p.day. We have had a fun day though. We went to Lucca today to have a guided tour from a member here. It was fun and an absolutely beautiful day. We had to book it back though to do email and shopping. Lots of traveling today. But still fun.

Okay, lets see. There were several things I wanted to mention and now they are all escaping my mind. I guess my talk went alright on Sunday. It was interesting. The first and only other time I've given a talk in Italy was in my 4th transfer and I really had to write out almost every word of my talk because Italian was still a very foreign language, but this time I was able to just make an outline. It was only 10 minutes and I actually went over a little bit. It was on Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and there is just so much you can say about that, ya know.

We've had some great lessons this week with Josy, Veronica, and Leslie. They are great and I have so much hope for them. We also have some other good potentials and I'm excited for them.

My very generous companion has so kindly acquired and shared a pretty good cold with me, so I'm sniffing and coughing right and left. I'm sure the people around me love it. :) Especially on the buses.

Well, I think i'm going to call it good now so maybe I can get a couple pictures off since it's been a couple of weeks now.

We had president interviews this past week and one of the things that stuck out to me and that he emphasized to me was just the importance of loving those we serve and how even when they don't do what they want we want them to, it just increases our capacity to love. It was a good reminder of why we share the gospel.

Hope you all have a wonderful week and prepare well for Thanksgiving!!!
Love you so much!!
Sorella Leckie

This is from Lucca today. It was so pretty.

There is a really cute piazza with the "le sorelle" store. So here you have us... le sorelle. : )

0 comments: