CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Friday, November 20, 2009

Email from Sara 11/18/09

Change in the Winds

Well, I will be staying in Livorno, but my companion, Sorella Cheesman will be going to Sassari on the Island of Sardegna. We were supposed to be together for Thanksgiving and Christmas and now she's ruining all my plans! I guess it's not entirely her fault though. My new companion will be Sorella Gambardella. She's an italian from Cicila (Southern Italy) She only has a transfer or two left so she's got some experience under her belt. I'm determined that it will be a great transfer.

The fireside in Florence was great and it was great to hear the love and support from President Monson. They talked a lot about being true at all times and ways to stay close to the spirit. It was great. Josy came and she got to talk with Sister Cook so that was cool. It was also great to see so many of the members from Pistoia and a few from Florence.

It's been a good week, though. I'm getting over the worst of the cold and it's about kicked the bucket. Life is good. We're working with some great people, we have some inactives that are making progress, and the work is going forward.
We're actually planning a big Thanksgiving dinner for the branch next week. It should be really fun. I kind of took over, so hopefully it will go really well. It will be interesting to have a Thanksgiving dinner with an Italian twist. We are asking the members to bring traditional Thanksgiving items, so we'll see what they come up with. ;)

Alrighty, I'm gonna call it good now so I can hopefully add a few pictures. Love you all so much and hope you have an absolutely fantastic week!!!

Con tanto affetto,
Sorella Leckie

This is in front of the station waiting for the bus. It's just such a typical situation for us.


I was using a moped to write a note to leave for someone and my companion had my camera and was taking pictures of me in the rearview mirror. It was kind of funny.

0 comments: