CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Sunday, October 4, 2009

Email from Sara 9/30/09

Buongiorno!

Well, well, well, where to start...
It's been a good and very very fast week. Next week we will find out about transfers. I really can't believe that it's already october, and that the transfer is almost over. I've really enjoyed being here in Livorno, and am just starting to get to know the members, so I REALLY hope to stay here. It's not likely that I'll get transfered, but stranger things have happened. I hope Sorella Cheesman and I can stay together. We have a lot to learn from each other still.


Good news. Michael and Michael's baptism was great. They are both so excited about the gospel. Its amazing to see the changes that come into people's lives becasue of the gospel. Josy is also doing well. She came to the baptism and enjoyed it a lot. I think it definately doesn't hurt her desire to be baptized. She is also being a great influence on her family. Her brother accepts a little more every time we talk to him. He doesn't come to church and isnt even technically an investigator, but we will be watching "The Restoration" with him tomorrow and praying that not only does he feel a confirmation that it's true, but also feels the desire to ACT on that knowledge.
We have also been working quite a bit with some less actives. They are great. Stella has been to church the last two sundays and Olga wants to come to conference this weekend.


Aside from those things we are just carrying on. One thing that I need to be much better at is finding new investigators. It's hard for me. Not only to talk to people sometimes, but then to relate the conversation to the gospel and then set up a return appointment. I'm sure there are quite a few seeds that have been planted, but I need to be more diligent for those who may be ready NOW to hear the gospel.


It's been a good week, and I'm looking forward to another one. Hope everyone has a good week and enjoys conference. What an amazing opportunity we have to hear from a living prophet. I'm so excited!


I love you all and pray for your health and safety!
Sorella Leckie


Sorella Cheesman, Michael Israel, Michael Popolo, Me.

Josy and Me

We helped some members paint their house for service one day. It was really only one room and didn't take that long, but it was a lot of fun. (me, Anz Kelly, Annalisa Noè)

0 comments: