CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Email from Sara 10/28/09

Short One...

So I've already been reading/writing for quite a while so this will be really short today. It's been a good week. We are hopeful that our lice problem is resolved. Especially now that we have both dyed our hair. It's basically the same, but sorella Cheesmans has a really really cool purple undertone. I really like it. Apparently I had been going shockingly blonde before and now all my blonde highlights are gone and are a reddish brown color. it's not bad, but I reallylike my natural hair color. I'm anxious to put it all behind me.

Sunday I had to play the organ for Sacrament meeting... all four songs on the organ!! AHHHH!!! At least i'd had some heads up and had been able to practice a little. The organist is amazing. Sabrina. She is so much fun. She came to play soccer on Saturday and seriously pulled or tore a muscle. Anyhow, it's not technically her calling to play the organ but she's VERY accomplished in the piano and organ... went to school for it and all that. So she just usually plays. Before she had even gotten hurt she was jokingly/seriously saying how much she'd love a sunday to just relax and sing and not worry about playing, so I was already considering it. And then when she hurt herself it sealed the deal. Oh well... we're all still alive so I guess it's alright.

We were able to meet with Josy and she just blows me away by how much she's learned and how strong her desire it is to continue. I love it!! Veronica is also great and is bringing her brother and sister to our Halloween party on Friday! Yay!!! It should be a pretty fun night. We have the branch here and from Pisa who will hopefully come and then we invited all of the english class. We're going to try to do a cakewalk (NOT an Italian thing) and other trunk or treat games and stuff. Italians love halloween. It's really not a holiday here at all, but lots of people love it. It's kind of funny to me. I mean, if you're going to steal a holiday, why not a better one like thanksgiving, right? Oh well. We will probably have a thanksgiving activity too.

It's been a good week. We are working on improving in so many ways, one step at a time. Life is good. I feel so loved! So many good stories that I would love to share, but I really just don't have time today. I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week and a very happy halloween!!!

Vi voglio tantissimo bene!!!!
Sorella Leckie

Claudia. This is the doll I made for a relief society service project. I wish we'd had a sewing machine!

Before dying our hair. Sorry it's a little blurry.

1 comments:

Marlyse and Kenny said...

Crystal, what's Sara's email address? I have to write and tell her I know exactly why they chose to celebrate Halloween and not Thanksgiving. The fact that Italians just don't have the history for our Thanksgiving goes without saying so the real reason they celebrate Halloween is because it's only the best Holiday ever next to Christmas. Two last words: free candy.

Wait. More words. Is it bad that's all I got out of her last email?