CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Thursday, October 15, 2009

Email from Sara 10/14/09

Happy Fall !!!!!!

WOW! It went from summer to fall in a hurry around here. One day it was hot, short sleeves and everything, and then BAM! Fall. But it is absolutely perfect! A little chilly at night, but that's how October is supposed to be. It's great.
Last week has been great.

Gil came to sacrament meeting, of his own free will and choice. When we were asking him he wouldnt say "yes" or "no", but he was like, "well, if I say 'no' and then come anyway, you'll be really surprised. But if I say 'yes' and don't come then I would have been a lier." So, we just said, "Just come." It was a great testimony meeting. It's great to hear the testimonies of some of the "pioneers" here in Italy.

We also were able to have an appointment with Veronica (a friend of Josy) this week. It went AMAZING. Josy bore her testimony of how she learned the Book of Mormon was true, which was a HUGE step for her, because when I first got here she wouldn't even say a prayer in front of her brother or friend. It's great to see them learning together and supporting each other in learning. At the end of the lesson we gave Veronica the choice of saying the prayer or choosing who said it, and she chose to say it and asked "how do I start, again?" It was such a sweet prayer and I really hope she can stick with learning and overcome the obstacles that satan will surely put in the way.

Stella, an inactive we've been working with, bore her testimony on Sunday. It was great to see her share her beliefs. We gave her son, Francesco, a Book of Mormon this past week and she said that he's been making her read wiht him almost every night. Hopefully he will be able to be baptized soon. He's 8 1/2, but the dad isn't a member and isn't so keen on the idea. Piano piano.

I've been playing the piano in primary lately and the primary program is on Sunday. Hopefully I won't mess up too terribly. I'm really nervous. For being the PRIMARY songs, they really aren't that easy. I guess it's a good growing experience for me, though.

Today for Pday we're going to go on a little run along the coast and then watch the last session of conference. I'm pretty excited about it. We're watching it at Sorella Eubanks house and she takes really good care of us. I'm really looking forward to it.

Okay, well, I'm gonna sign out now, but I hope that everyone has a wonderful week and that you do something good for someone else. Love you all!!!!
Sorella Leckie

Sorry, I really haven't been taking too many pictures lately. There have been some amazing sunsets over the ocean, but I haven't had my camera. Oh well. I'm sure you can imagine, right? :)

Gil rockin it up at soccer.

Between sessions of conference. We ate lots of gummy bears/worms.

My contortionist companion trying to pop her back...

0 comments: