CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Email from Sara 10/7/08

What a fantastic week!  I cannot even describe how excited we all were
to hear that there is going to be a temple in Roma! And somehow the
excitement isn't dying down at all.  We watched conference in the gym
and most of the Italian missionaries were sitting together. Let's just
say that all of the people in the gym knew where the Italians were
sitting :).  I know it is an answer to so many prayers.  Their closest
temple right now is Switzerland, so this will open up so many
opportunities for so many.  One of my teachers was telling us that she
had been recieving calls and texts non-stop since the announcement. (She
served in Milan) and that in Italy when the announcement was  made there
was a "standing ovation."  A temple will be such a great blessing, but I
know that great opposition will follow.  We're getting ready.

Conference was just amazing.  It was a nice break from the routine.  I
really loved so many talks it's hard to narrow it down to even a few,
but two thoughts that I just wanted to share that have been on my mind
are from President Holland's talk and pondering ways that I can be an
angel for others.  Another point that really stood out to me as I've
been learning how to teach and the importance of teaching was Brother
Gerald Causse when he said that the principle goal of a lesson is
conversion in people's hearts and that you know you have been a
successful teacher when people's lives change.  It's so difficult to
make people's hearts change becasue we cannot do it, but by bringing the
Sprit into a lesson, lives change. It's a daunting task, but It will be
worth it.

We all have a renewed determination to be better this week and in the
coming weeks.  One of my teachers (Sorella Clayton) Is amazing and truly
inspires us to be the best missionaries that we can.  She has been
teaching at the MTC for several years and really knows how to push us to
be better.  Both she and Fratello MacDonald are great teachers.

It was really interesting to watch conference as a missionary. I'm not
sure if  there have always been so many references to missionary work or
if it just seemed more pronounced this time because I am a missionary.
It was great.

We are once again attempting to speak only in Italian this week, becasue
we know we will be better if we can and will do it.  We did cheat a bit
at the end of last week... I know it's an excuse, but conference kind of
threw us off a little bit, but in a good way.  We had heard before the
little story about the missionary who thought he couldn't learn spanish,
and we try to remind ourselves frequently that we're glad it's only
Italian and not something much much more difficult.

About 10 missionaries from my zone sang in the priesthood session and
becuase the Relief Society broadcast ends before the priesthood session
we went over by where the elders were watching priesthood so we could at
least listen to the last song.  We were sitting on the steps and one of
the older gentlemen who works in the sound booth asked us if we wanted
to come and watch the last song.  Of course we said yes and we did see
one of the elders.  Apparently in the first song most of the elders from
my district made an apperance.  They're watching it today so hopefully
i'll get to see it.  They sounded SO good.  It's amazing how good they
can be when they try.  :)

On to other  things I'm so thankful for all of the letters I recieve.
During the week I get selfish and think I haven't gotten any letters and
then on tuesday when I go to respond I look at the pile of mail I've
recieved and it's a great reminder of how many people love and support
me.  Thanks to all.  I wish I could respond to every letter, but I don't
think I physically have time... but keep'em comin'!! :)  I love hearing
what's going on with everyone and am glad that people are reading the
blog.  Thanks, Crystal for doing that.  I'll try to keep it interesting.


I can't say that I'm sad that I'll be missing this round of Sister's
unite :)  But I wish you well in your endeavors!
Also, thanks Crystal for taking care of my earrings while I'm gone...
that's just too generous of you :) Oh!and for sending me the forecast-
the other sisters and I really appreciate it!

It's kind of strange how much I like hearing about the garden.  I'm not
sure why I like it so much, but just knowing that you're still getting
things out of the garden makes me happy for some reason.

I continue to be thankful for a wonderful companion.  She is one of the
most thoughful people I've ever met.  She is always writing kind notes
to people- people that I would have never even thought of sending
something to- so it's a good example for me to not be so concerned with
myself and look to the needs of others around me.

I love all of you and am so thankful for all of the support that I
recieve ogni gourni!   Grazie! Grazie!  Grazie!

Vi vogilo bene!!!

Sorella Leckie  :)

0 comments: