CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Email from Sara 10/21/08

Alrighty, I'm thinking this won't be as long of a letter this week because I've made a cassette tape for you.  I'm going to mail it today- don't get too excited it's probably ridiculously boring.  Sorella Hawkey was kind enough to let me use her tape recorder so you get a tape.  There's a tape player under the foot of my bed in one of the containers if you can't find one anywhere else :)

Okay, I think I did mention a lot of this on the tape, but I guess some of it you will just get to hear twice.

Our new district arrived on wednesday. There are 6 sisters who will all be going to rome, and 8 elders.  7 will be going to Milan and one to Rome.  It's really kind of cool- there's a set of twins in the new district and that is the one elder who is going to Rome.  How crazy would it be to be in the MTC with your brother?  It's good though.

I did recieve the other package, and I'm drawing a blank on what other things I could want.  To a large extent it's probably cheaper for me just to buy most things that I may want here instead of having you mail them.  But thanks for the offer.

I was so sad to hear about BYU's loss- very disapointing, but I guess all good things must come to an end, right?

I sang in Sacrament meeting on Sunday-  I was kind of nervous so it wasn't as good as I would have liked, but I could tell that it touched some hearts- which is why we have music in Sacrament meeting, so I guess that's good enough.  I need to go back and read E. Uchtdorf's talk in Relief Socitey and remind myself not to focus on the things that I could have done better, and be thankful for what I was able to do.

Note for dad:
There are horseshoe pits here; I keep trying to challenge people to a match, but no one is brave enough.  =)   I'm glad to know you're still playing.  I challenge you to a game in... hmmm.... about 17 months, and then you'll be able to beat me fair and square I'm sure.

I CANNOT believe that I only have 2 weeks left in the MTC.  AHHHHH!!!  It's kind of interesting to see the change of heart I've had about the MTC, because before I didn't even want to spend any time here at all because it "was too much like a prison" in my mind... you go in, but you're not allowed to go out, but now I don't want to leave.  I love my teachers, my companion, my district, my zone, the atmosphere, everything.  Now I'm loathe to leave (I think I used that word right :)

I'm not sure when you 'll need to start sending snail mail to Italy... I'm really just anticipating continuing with the emailing.  But just in case I wanted to put my address for Rome in this letter:
CP 11/282 Montesacro
00141 Rome RM, ITALY
for packages:
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, RM, ITALY
no excuses now :)

This week has been really great- We got to hear from Richard G Scott on last Tuesday, and Sheri Dew this past sunday.  And we actually go to shake hands with both of them.  A cool experience for so many who haven't had the opportunity to shake the hand of an apostle before.  I'm very fortunate that this was time number 3 for me.

I was feeling pretty discouraged a bit earlier in the week- I wasn't sleeping well, and I felt like I wasn't working hard enough, and I always feel pretty stupid when it comes to learing Italian- all in all it was kind of rough, but then we were preparing to teach the Plan of Salvation yesterday and we were preparing to teach the atonement and discussing Alma 7:11-13, and it was such a testimony builder for me that even when I am having a rough day/week/ or whatever that my Savior wants to help me and knows how because He's experienced all of my pains- however minimal- so that he would know how to succor ME.  What a great message of hope for all those who don't know.
I'm so thankful for this opportunity I have to share the gospel with the people of Italy- and pray that I will be able to serve in such a way that the Lord will be able to say "well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Again, I love you all and hope all is well!

Vi voglio bene- piu!!
Sorella Leckie

0 comments: