CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Friday, July 24, 2009

Email from Sara 7/22/09

Cara Famiglia Mia!!

What a week! I have a hard time remembering what I’ve written and what is actually new for this week. The weeks all seem to run together in a blur.

Last week we went to Pisa. Mom said that you’ve already gotten the postcard, but like I said there, there are a LOT of people in not much space. But it was still cool to see it. We really just went, took a couple of pictures, and then headed back. A fun little trip. When we asked president if we could go for Pday he asked us why we wanted to go see a tower that leans. While it was cool to see such a historical sight, I have to ask, now that I’ve seen it, “why did I want to do see a tower that leans??” All in all, it was fun and I’m glad I got to do it. I was surprised to see that they still do let people walk around in/on the tower, but we didn’t have the time or money to do that, which was fine with me.

We’re staying busy. There are a lot of good things going on here. We need to become better at finding people to teach, but some of the few that we have found are making good progress and like learning about the gospel. If we can just help them understand and make the changes that come with understanding and accepting that Joseph Smith is a prophet, we’ll be doing great. There are a lot of people who think it’s enough to believe, and it’s always hard to help them understand that the Lord wants us to sacrifice so he can bless us. Right now we have three investigators who are making the most progress, Sylvester from Nigeria, Annalisa, a wonderful 24 year old, and then Mariana, the grandmother of Piera (who got baptized a few weeks ago). They are wonderful and we have high hopes for them. There are other investigators too, but for now these three are by far the most progressing.

Summer is in full swing here and it is HOT. We had a couple of nice days, but we’re back to the hot mugginess. I guess that’s how it’s supposed to be in July, though. A little frustrating for everyone to be going on vacation when we want to teach them, but I guess that’s just how it goes. I’ve heard that August is even worse… we’ll see.
Well, I guess that’s about it for this week. Sorry I’m not very good at writing very detailed letters. The details do happen, but I am just not very good at remembering them when it comes time to write to everyone.

Remember that I love you all!!! Have a wonderful week!
Sorella Leckie

Pisa! Me and Sorella Stephenson at Pisa.



My new district. All the same, except now we have Anziano Billings.


We have english class fliers that we put up to get people to come to English class and we wanted to put a cool picture on it. This was the first attempt before we got the lighting right and I think it's pretty cool. I'm not a very good jumper and I think it might have been a little frustrating for everyone else who jumps super high. Oh well.

0 comments: