CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Email from Sara 7/15/09

Ciao!!
Okay, so this will be another short one. We gots to catch a train so we can go see Pisa. Yay! I'll be sure to send pictures next week.

Transfer info: Sorella Stephenson and I will be together for another 6 weeks and we're pretty excited. There are a lot of good things going on here in Pistoia and neither one of us wanted to leave.

Hottness!!: It is ridiculously warm around here. I hear that it's just a spike in the heat, but that it will probably stick around for most of august at least. We just have to drink more water. Last night when I was going to sleep around 10:30 the thermometer on my alarm clock said 87 degrees, so it's good an warm.

It's hard to know where to start when I dont' have time to go into any details!! Ahhh... Just know that it was a wonderful week and that I'm excited to be here serving in Pistoia and serving these wonderful people here. We had a great branch activity and have had wonderful lessons and the members are becoming more and more willing to help.

The elders in my district were in a three-some and two of them actually were going home and so it always makes you reflect a little bit more on your performance and how you want to finish your mission. The contrast between the two dying missionaries was so ridiculous dramatic and I can't help but hope that I can sprint to the finish instead of coasting. There is so much work to do!!

I have to go now so I can send you some pictures. They say things better than I can write them anyway. Love you all and hope you have safe travels and such!
Con tanto affetto-
Sorella Leckie


Pretty much every wednesday night we have dinner with the DeRobertis family. It's been a little bit of a challenge to make sure we have an investigator every week, but it makes us work harder. President DeRobertis is the branch president and is really good friends with the Acersons. Last wed was President DeRobertis' birthday so we got to spend the whole evening with President and Sister Acerson as well. Fun times!


We had a dinner with the Itala Family. Anziano Aycock and Schmucki were leaving the next day and so we had a fun lesson and dinner all together. Also in this picture are Nelly and Andre, who are members of less than a year. It was a wonderful evening.


This is us making dessert at the Itala family's house. We were making Canolli and it was yummy. This picture, according to Sorelly Stephenson just captured all of our personalities so well. (Anz, Schmuki, Aycock, Me)


I biffed it pretty good last night. We were in a big hurry to get home on time so we didn't have to call president and I tripped. It's not as bad as it looks... the road was really dirty. It is just scraped a little and I can only imagine what it looked like with my backpack flying up over my head... ah... memories.
p.s. The mosquitos are eating me alive.

1 comments:

Beth said...

These are so fun to read, you can tell she's a great missionary :) Thanks for posting Crystal! :)