CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Email from Sara 4/29/09

Dear family!!

Wow... life is good and flying by. My companion and I are getting along great and she is helping me so much. She is very disciplined and wants to be obedient and it really helps me. There is a lot of work right now in Pistoia so we have our hands full. It’s great.

We live in Prato which is about a 20 minute train ride away, and we live about 20 minutes walking away from the train station. So we have to take our lunch with us to Pistoia every day to eat lunch at the church. It’s a bit of an adjustment, but good. I don’t really like being tied down to the train schedule quite so much- there’s not much flexibility, but ya do what ya gotta do. We live with two other sisters still and it’s pretty fun to all be in the same apartment. This is by far the smallest district possible and it’s just us two sisters and then two elders. They are awesome and are very enthusiastic about the work. It makes it easier to be diligent and want to work when everyone around you is doing the same.

Right now I’ve met a ton of people and I’m trying to keep them all straight in my head, and I’m learning my way around the city. SO much going on in my head makes it hard to think straight. Sorella Stephenson sings really well and did music and theatre before coming on a mission (at BYU, New York, and London) so we sing sometimes at our appointments and we were invited to sing with an investigators international choir. They have practice once a week at 9, but he’s going to have a special practice so we can join them. It’s pretty funny to me, but a good way to develop interest in the church.

We were also able to establish a service opportunity this week at a retirement center and the people there are really excited to have us come. I’m hoping some great missionary opportunities will come out of it…. Only time will tell.

I’m really short on time, but suffice it to say that I’m happy, healthy, and glad to be here. Love you all and hope all is well with you!!

Love, Sorella Leckie

P.S. I’ll let you know details about calling on mothers day next week. Is 9:00 in the morning good for you all. We have church from 9-12- so the latest I can call would be 11:00 here. Let me know specific times that will work the best. Love ya!!

Me in Pistoia.


My new district. Me, Sorella Stephenson, Anziano Rossi, and Anziano Hoops.

0 comments: