CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Email from Sara 4/15/09

Short one, but more pictures.

So, I'm probably going to keep this a little short today, but I'm going to send a few more pictures to make up for it. It's been a good week. I can't believe that this transfer is almost over. It really seems like it has flown by. I had a great easter. We were able to go eat with all the other missionaries at a members house and we had a very big and delicious meal with roasted chicken and potatoes, roast beef, bread and cheese, salad, strawberries, and a colombo (a cake that is especially for easter). It was a lot of fun and they are a great family. From there my companion and I went to another dinner appointment. Yeah- It was rough becasue we were already really full. We really don't get that many dinner appointments and then we had two in the same day- we need to figure out how to spread them out a little. The second one, though, was with an eternal investigator, Holenka. She's kind of crazy and from Peru. She takes care of an old lady with Alzheimers and had lied to someone (the old lady's husband who lives far away) and told him that she wasn't home becasue it was supposed to be her day off, and then he tried to get in the house, but the locks had been changed (because apparently he's not the best of men) and she told us to be really quiet so he would think that no one was home... Anyhow, it was quite the adventure and we were pretty happy to get out of there. I don't know how much sense that story made, but suffice it to say that we weren't especially thrilled to be there and were happy to leave unscathed.

The soccer game was SO fun. It felt a lot like a college football game, but in Italian :). It was really fun and Florentina (the team for Florence) won! So everyone was really happy. The team they were playing was from the Island so there really weren't too many fans for them. Poor guys.

We also got to dye easter eggs at a members house. It's not somethign they do in Italy although I did get to paint a few eggs for servie at the Casa di Cura. It was fun. The members we dyed eggs with though, the wife is American and the husband is Italian so we did it because she wanted to. It was really fun and a good opportunity to get to know them better.

I felt like in Rome that I was finally starting to feel at home. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to that point here, but hopefully it will come with more time. The members here are great and I'm getting to know them and it's great. It's proving to be a bit challenging for me to live outside our proselyting area, but there must be a way.
I have to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting this sunday. Keep me in your prayers. It could be rough. ;)

Other than that, I'm hangin in there. Life is good. I have a great district and I'm thankful for them. I'm glad to be a missionary.
I love you all!
Love,
Sorella Leckie

Dying easter eggs. They looked pretty different because you can't find white eggs here, but it was a lot of fun. (Anziano Mack, Jill, Michele, Sorella Favero, and Anziano Helm)


The soccer stadium.


My district at the game + Cristian. Anz Kunzler & Helm, Sor. Favero, Me, Anz. Mondragon, & Mack and Cristian is the one in Black. It was SO much fun.

Here instead of easter baskets there are giant chocolate eggs with toys inside. It's pretty fun. We got one for the elders in our district and they got really cool toys. All we got was a tiny bag with fairys on it. Lame. Oh well. It was still fun and yummy chocolate.

0 comments: