CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Friday, March 27, 2009

Email from Sara 3/26/09

I'm still alive.  Sorry, I forgot last week to tell you that we had Zone Conference on Wednesday so P-day is today... Thursday. I hope no one was too worried.  Zone conference was great.  Always a good boost.

One really fun thing here is that we play volleyball every week as a district with some of the members from around here.  Hopefully more people will come when it gets warmer.  This past week we were playing and there were definitely snow flurries blowing around.  It really wasn't THAT cold, but it was windy and there are mountains around.

As far as the work goes....  We've mostly been doing a lot of finding and trying to work with members.  We did meet a less active member the other day.  She works in a Panificio (a bread store). We had been told that she want's to come back to church and so we went by to talk with her and support her, etc.  We were standing there talking to her and she is AMAZING.  While we were there, she gave away a book of mormon, comitted this guy to pray and read, testified of how the book of Mormon would change his life if he prayed sincerely, and invited him to church.  She also told us to call her and she would come with us to do some missionary work.  It was amazing!  She is great.

We also had a referral from the elders.  There was a family that the husband was never home when they tried to stop by and so they couldn't go in the home.  We stopped by and were able to give them a book of mormon and we invited them to watch general conference and read some talks.  They are a beautiful and wonderful family.  They have two little girls and are so nice.  It was wonderful to get to testify to them of the reality and blessing it is to have  a living prophet today to guide and direct us.  I'm looking forward to hearing conference soon!

I'm trying to remember if there's anythings else that I should tell ya, but I'm coming up blank, so maybe I'll go ahead and attach some pictures.  It really is a beautiful area.  I like that we get to go a little outside the city on a regular basis.  It seems like the people are more concentrated in a little area here.  In Rome there are just a lot of people everywhere.

Alirighty.  Love you all.  It's always wonderful to hear from everyone and I hope everyone is doing great!  Love ya bunches and bunches!
Sorella Leckie


Me and my new collega, Sorella Favero.


This is looking towards Florence from a little bit outside the city.  Its BEAUTIFUL!


Okay... so this is me with a poster of Giusy Ferreri.  We do service at a Casa di Cura (nursing home) here too, and one of the old men there told me I looked exactly like this girl.  It was quite humerous.  He had cataracts.  That's the only explanation I can come up with why he would think I looked like her.  Pretty funny.


Last week we played Risiko! (Risk!) as a district for p-day, and the elders all dressed up in soccer jerseys.  It was pretty fun.  From left to right. Sorella Favero, Anziani Mondragon, Kunzler, Mack, and Helm.  They are a lot of fun.    I didn't win.. but it was my first time playing. I now know to never try to take over Asia first.

0 comments: