CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Email from Sara 3/11/09

I'm outta here

Well the big news today is that I'm headed to Florence, or in Italian Firenze. I leave tomorrow afternoon and I was packing this morning and have no idea how I'm accumulated as much stuff as I have. It's a pretty big problem as I'm trying to pack, but it's going alright. I'll be serving with Sorella Favero from Utah. We are being blown in- which means that both of us will be new to the city, but it's good, it just means a litte bit more of an adventure. I'll actually be in an apartment with 4 sisters which will be fun, but at the same time I'm going in with all sorts flashbacks from college roommates, but hoping for the best. I am excited to serve in a new area. I knew it would be hard to leave the people here, but it's hitting a little harder than I expected. Plans to visit in the future and facebook make things easier. I'm gonna miss Sorella Bennion, too. We have a lot of fun together and she helps me want to be better. But I'm looking forward to serving with Sorella Favero.

A little funny note... it wasn't all that funny at the time, but this past sunday as I'm sure you know was the time change. Well, we found out the hard way that the time doesn't change for a few more weeks here in Italy. We got to church an hour early and figured that EVERYONE was really late, or that it wasn't the same here. We're sad that we missed out on an hour of sleep, but we set up the chairs for church and got to read scriptures and talk with some members so it was a good mistake.
Jackie set a date for Baptism! I'm pretty sad that I won't be here, but she's set April 29th. She's doing well and I want to thank all of you for your prayers on her behalf. I really have been able to tell that they were coming. And please keep them coming as the adversary works so hard to keep the work from progressing.

On Sunday we were able to go to the Villa (Mission Home) and have a lunch. We had an appointment with Jackie for after church and she came with us and it was great. The elders have been working with a lot of refugees from Africa and they came to the dinner as well and one of the shared his story of how he got to Italy from Africa. I wish I had time to relay the whole story to you, but suffice it to say that I appreciate more than ever how very blessed I am to have been born in the United States and to have the priviledges and safety that I so much take for granted. He truly had faced some horrible things and we were all very humbled. We had a great DDM on Monday where we discussed why we are so blessed when others seem to live in such awful circumstances. One of the things that I hadnt' really thought much about was having a testimony that our Heavenly Father really does love them as much as he does me even when it seems like I am so much more blessed. Those men who came to church on Sunday were so humble and are prepared to accept the gospel becasue of their humility- and I truly know that our Heavenly Father loves them so much.
Okey dokey... Time to head out. We have some people to see and places to go. Love you so much!!

Love,
Sorella Leckie

I have so many pictures that I've taken with members and contacts here in Rome, but I'm only going to send this one. This is Sorella Bennion, Jackie, and Me.



This was my district for the past transfer. A great group, if I do say so myself. I'm pretty sure that we have the biggest district ever. There are 13 missionaries in my district. Some zones only have 12 and 14.


This is behind the Mission home with a bunch of missionaries and the Refugees.

0 comments: