CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mission Finale

Ever since I returned from my mission Crystal has been bugging me to finish up the blog with my testimony and some final words. Now, almost 6 months later, I'm finally getting around to it.

Today, August 22, 2010, I was blessed with the opportunity to attend a homecoming in Draper, Utah for a senior couple who I served with. There were about 15 returned missionaries there, the mission president and his wife, and two young couples from the Rome 2 ward. One of the couples was married not too long ago and even more recently the girl, Francescia, was baptized and now has a calling in Primary. When I started my mission in Rome 2 this girl would come occasionally. In the three transfers that I was there she came maybe 3 or 4 times. The elders were all over it and I was still very new in the mission so I don't really feel like I got to know her very well. I can't even describe my joy today to see her there and so excited to see the missionaries and see how happy she is. I was shocked that she even remembered me with how little I could actually speak the mission at that time. It's amazing to see how much can change in such a relatively short time. Two years ago, I was about to enter the MTC and had absolutely no idea about the marvelous experiences that awaited me. Through my mission I have been able to form relationships that I know will last eternally- whether it be with members, investigators, companions, or other missionaries. It seems preposterous to me that I ever thought that I didn't want to serve a mission. Clearly, the Lord knew what I needed and was loving enough to guide me to the experiences I needed to have. Obviously I'm far from perfect and it was discouraging to see how easily bad habits returned and good habits left quickly after my return. But I know now how to overcome and it's a daily, hourly, and minutely process to make sure that I stay close to the Lord so that he can help me.

Today at the homecoming we sang the Hymn of Rome. What an overwhelming and powerful experience to be joined once again with my fellow missionaries and sing a hymn that is so special for me. I know now more than ever that I am a daughter of God and that I have so much potential. I need only to learn the will of the Lord for me and act upon it- trusting Him to guide me to eternal happiness. I am such a blessed person and it is because I have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. How wonderful was my experience to share that with the wonderful people of Italy.

2 comments:

Caesar Beezer The Wonder Dog said...

Hi! I was looking for another blog of a friend I met while in Rome with my husband last month...so I typed in When in Rome and this blog came up! Of course, I knew immediately this was a special blog - I mean, how many "missions" do girls go on?!? I'm LDS, living in Seattle and have loved reading through this blog and seeing the pictures of Italy. We got home two weeks ago from a trip that was 10 years in the planning - and now we can't wait to go back! We looked for missionaries the entire time we were in Italy but only saw nuns and priests! Anyway, thanks for letting me have a peek into your mission - welcome home - and thanks for serving!!! Oh, I grew up in Utah - my parents live in Sandy - heck, we're probably related!! xo, Nan PS: Google only lets me sign in with my Google account, which is my dog's blog...sad but true...my blog can be found at www.potsandpins.com

Latisha said...

I googled you today Sara and this blog came up in the top results. I was re-reading your testimony from the end. You should read it sometime, too. Did y'all ever get this blog into a book?