CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Email from Sara 9/9/09

Ciao tutti!!
Life is good. Fall is in the air. My companion is great. The branch is wonderful. The work is going forward. etc. etc.
I have so many blessings it's ridiculous!!
I slept in my bed for the first time on Sunday night. For the first two weeks we were sleeping on our balcony because it was much cooler outside. But then it started getting downright chilly with the wind blowing so we finally headed in.
We had a great zone conference on Monday. I'm reminded often that the speed we're moving isn't as important as the direction. I get frustrated and impatient with my progress sometimes, but it's a good reminder that progress is progress and the Lord doesn't expect immediate perfection. We as a mission are improving and it's a constant work to keep from digressing . It's not enough to do good for one transfer and basta, we have to keep on keeping on. Sempre avanti.
Anyhow, enough of that pep talk. Some exciting news here it is that Josy has a baptisimal date. She still has to talk to her mom, but we had a great appointment the other night and the spirit was so strong. She will need courage and faith, but she's got it. Keep her in your prayers. That she can be baptized on the 19th and that her mom will give her consent. (Josy's only 16).
We've also found some other great contacts this week. They're not investigators yet, but theres a lot of potential. We just have to help them understand how their lives can be blessed.
The branch presidency here is amazing. The branch president actually called us last night to ask if we wanted him to come to an appointment. He's so busy, but still makes time to help us. I've never had someone actually call us before to offer to help like that. It's wonderful, and he's such a great example for the branch.
The gospel is amazing and I'm so thankful that I can be here to share it! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!
Sorella Leckie

#1 My first time seeing the ocean in Italy... isn't it beautiful!!

#2 Me and Sorella Cheesman

#3 My district: Gli Anziani: Kelly, Bryant, Smith, and Porter. Le Sorelle: Cheesman and Leckie :)

#4 Sunset over the ocean... it's a hard knock life. I will say that it's more than a little distracting when we're supposed to be talking to people.

0 comments: