CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Email from Sara 6/24/09

Sono felice!

Well hello everyone! It's been a good week. We're working hard and tryin' to find the elect! We're super excited for Piera's Baptism this sunday (the 28th) and I'll be sure to send some pictures. Tonight we're sorting through hymns and baptisimal clothes, so we're getting close. Sorella Stephenson and I sang at another baptism (for two men) last sunday and it was a beautiful service. It was quite interesting actually because one of the men was from Albania and one from Nigeria. The personalities of the two are so compeletely different, when they bore their testimonies at the baptism it was almost humerous to see the difference. It's amazing how the gospel can touch so many different lives.

We also had some pretty good storms here... not quite like what you've had going on, but there was a LOT of wind. I saw on a newspaper that four people had died in the storms that had happened. There was a really cold spell the other day so I suspect it was just some clashing of fronts from Russia and Africa... weird. We had both left home without jackets and umbrellas and were freezing by the time we got home, and thankfully really not wet at all.

We had an.... um... interesting evening at the trainstation last night. Remind me to tell you about it after the mission... I'm sure I'll remember. I'm reminded more and more often how thankful I am to have the gospel and the accompanying principles, especially the Word of Wisdom. THere are so many people here who throw their life away in alcohol. It's really sad how addictive it is.

On a lighter note and just a random insight into one of our missionary activities... sometimes when we do "house" or tracting we are only at the citofonos (I dont' know how to spell that) and we just press a button and wait for a response over a speaker, but sometimes we are in the building and we acually ring the doorbell. Well sometimes the doorbells make a nice "ding-dong" sound and other times its a ugly "buzz". So, in an effort to make the finding time a bit more entertaining sometimes we play the "eight ball" game where you ask yes or no questions and depending on what kind of ring you get it's a yes or no. It's silly, I know. Poor Sorella Stephenson has to put up with me all day long. Sometimes I'm sure she feels like she has a 10 year old for a companion. Oh well... I still won't grow up if I can help it.

I made a "peach cobbler" today. I've been into experimenting more lately with cooking (Sorella Bennion, you'd be so proud :) And a lot of things have come out pretty good. Unfortunately, there really isn't much time to cook, but it's a necessity sometimes.

Alrighty, well I really haven't taken any pictures this week. I'll check and see if Sorella Stephenson has any, but otherwise you might just have to wait.
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Can you believe it's almost July?!?! I can't. I refuse to believe it.

Alrighty, well travel safely... be good... share the gospel... and be happy!
Love you all!!
Sorella Leckie


So we had an activity up in the mountains with the branch. This is at one of the members homes. It was absolutely beautiful. They have a few beehives and had fresh honey that was so delicious. It was a very enjoyable evening.



This is a sister from Prato. She definately squeezed my bum right after this picture was taken. During our two week mix of Prato and Pistoia we did service at her house a couple times. She's pretty much a bit on the crazy side. But very friendly. Very. As much as I love this lady, I'm pretty relieved to be back in Pistoia :)

0 comments: