CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Email from Sara 2/11/09

Buongiorno!

Hello Family and Friends!

I'm glad to hear that you got my little package and hope you enjoy it.

Weather wise i guess it's pretty normal around here... not super cold and lots of rain. It's alright.


Glad to hear that you have a full presidency again. I'm glad that you have that support. I don't think I realized that Tyler and Carman were staying that long, but that's great!

That's funny about the spinach.. I kind of miss gardening strangely enough. At my appartment right now there is actually a TINY little garden area. Just a random story- my companion and I have decided that we shouldn't supress generous thoughts if it is within our capability to do it. Well, the other day I noticed that our neighbors above us have been losing clothes pins for a while now and I decided that i would go out really quick and pick them all up and put them in a bag to take upstairs. Anywho there are a lot of small plants and shrub like greenery growing back there and I my arm barely brushed up against one of these small plants and my arm started tingling and some small bumps showed up on my arm that kind of looked like mosquito bites. It was wierd, and I decided that I wouldn't have any more generous thoughts. No worries though, I washed it and it went away.

Another kind of funny but painful story... I walked into a sign today- well more like fell into it. I was getting off the bus, the sun was in my eys, and I was looking down at the curb so I could span the gap between the bus and the curb and apparently there was a sign with two bars that went accross right about at my forehead and my mouth. I know that probably doesn't make much sense and I'm still not exactly sure what the sign looke like, all I know is that I hit it HARD. MY companion was about to follow me into the sign when she heard the BANG. Oh well.. Theres a mild goose egg, but hopefully no serious damage. Luckily I'm pretty hard headed. =)

Something else very fun... we were at a members house the other day and they went on goole maps becasue they wanted to see our houses in the states. Well, theres this thing called "street view" where you can actually be at road level and look at houses and stuff, and they must have taken the pictures exactly a year ago because the roof is partially finished and it was pretty blurry but it's possible that I'm working on the roof when they went around... I's really hard to tell, but kind of fun anyway. So... I wanted to give you a few addresses for some of the places here so you could see where I live and the church, etc. So if you want to look up "piazza carnaro, 20; Roma" or "via incisa in val d'arno, 9; Roma" you can try to see the church and the area around where I live. It's like a personal tour!! Yay!

Alrighty- as far as legal schmegal stuff. I do have the affadavit from the bank and I haven't faxed it yet because I wanted to look up my last transaction, but it was so long ago that it wasn't online, so I'm just going to write on there that I haven't used it yet this year and hopefully that will be sufficient.

I'll try to make sure I let you know when I get the card and all that jazz.

Thats exciting about Nicole Martini's dad. That's wonderful that she was able to share the gospel with her family. I think hands down, that the best way to increase your testimony and knowledge of the gospel is to share it. There's nothing that confirms your testimony more than sharing it.

I hope you all work hard to find those who the Lord has prepared to recieve the gospel. Oh- and offer to let the missionaries teach people in our house... and better yet- find someone for them to teach at our house! They'll love it!! =)

I love you all so so much!!!

Love,
Sorella Leckie

p.s.- I don't know right now who wrote the arrangement of the song, and I have plenty of sugar here to keep me busy without sugar cookies!! But thanks for the thought! Love you!



This is the group that I came into Italy with at Three month conference. There are actually a few more becasue the group before mine was very small so they joined us. It was fantastic!! I got a little artsy and played with the colors and stuff... I just liked it better this way.



This is my companion, Sorella Bennion. We were waiting at the bus stop and there wasn't anyone else around and we have new somewhat matching umbrellas so we decided to have a photo shoot. Good times!



Me with my umbrella. We're so excited that we both have umbrellas now. Usually we both try to squeeze under one and half of us is wet. Hopefully we can hang onto these and not leave them on the bus =)







1 comments:

Latisha said...

Crystal, thanks again for being so diligent in posting Sara's emails and pictures. It is wonderful!!