CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

How to write to Sara:

Sara loves to get letters!

Sorella Sara Leckie
The Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Roma
ITALIA

For more details regarding mail, go to the following link:



Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Email from Sara 1/28/09

Oh what a beautiful morning- oh what a beautiful day!

Today has been absolutely beautiful. My companion and I were discussing how we think this was the second sunny p-day we've had since we've been in Rome. So we went and played catch and kicked around a soccer ball and then we went and did grocery shopping and it's been a pretty laid back Wednesday. I love it!

This past week was, of course, great. It's amazing sometimes- we have a goal to have at least one new investigator every week. And it always seems that we get to Saturday night and still haven't found anyone who is interested in hearing about the gospel, but this past week we found two people: one on Saturday night and one who was a referral and came to church on Sunday. It's wonderful! There were two investigators in church on sunday, and then there were two investigators at a baptism for a young girl after church on Sunday, but they were actually two different investigators.

The work really seems to be going well for me and my companion recently. My first transfer I think we had one new investigator for the whole 6 weeks, and now we've gotten at LEAST one every week. Some of them are investigators just because they are curious about the way members of the church live, and others really seem to want to know more about the gospel. We've had some wonderful lessons lately and we have great members who are willing to come to lessons and have lessons in their homes. Hopefully we can continue to improve and not just plateau.

Other than that... last Wednesday was fun. We ended up walking from St. Peters to the Colosseum and seeing everything we could in between. It was only about three miles, but so much fun. I'm really not sure how I'm going to choose which pictures to send- I took lots. We also had pizza and gelato so it was a regular Italian day :)


We found out about transfers on Monday and my companion and I will be staying here in Rome. We're really excited to be here and hope we can continue to work hard. We were talking this morning and I was telling her that- just knowing myself the way I do- telling her that I can sometimes become a bit complacent and was almost hoping a little bit that I would be transferred because I think is a way to kind of boost yourself, and I can feel myself getting a little bit more laid back than I probably should be, and I'm hoping that since we both know that this could be a problem for me that we can curb lazy tendencies before they are habitual. Sorella Bennion is so good and helps me tons- with the language, with the scriptures, everything. Life is good!!!

Alrighty, well I gotta send some pictures! I hope everyone is doing well. Mom- I wish we could have you around for some of our Zone conferences. Usually Sorella Acerson just has to take care of lunch herself and we have sandwiches. They are good sandwiches, but I'm sure it would be nice for her to not have to worry about it.
Love you all so so so much!!!!

Sorella Leckie :)

This was from today when we played soccer and baseball.. it was SO much fun. Even more fun than going sight seeing :)


Me and my companion at the Colosseum.


The Pantheon (this is what Sara said this was, but I think she accidentally sent the wrong picture)


This is me at the Vatican or St. Peters. This big plaza is where the pope speaks.FYI- I lost my nametags so that's why I dont have one on in any of these pictures. I ordered more a LONG time ago but they are stuck in customs... figures. Anyhow, at the moment I have one that I made from a photo copy of my companions- it actually looks really real... :) I've also lost two umbrellas since I've been here. It's just so easy to leave it on the bus, but then the bus leaves. :(




0 comments: